History

Our business was co-founded by Aik Swee Tong (our Managing Director) together with his sister, Aik Hui Luan (our Chief Operating Officer) and her husband, Wong Chiau Siew (our Senior Sales Manager), all of whom have contributed significantly to the development, growth and success of our Group.

Aik Swee Tong has been instrumental in developing the strategic direction of our Group bringing with him approximately 30 years of experience in the abovementioned industries in Malaysia.


1989

Our history can be traced back to August 1989 with the establishment of DET, a sole proprietorship under the name of Aik Swee Tong.

DET’s business activities were mainly in the trading of PCE and Measurement Instruments to end users in the Malaysian palm oil and oleochemicals industry. We initially sourced our supplies from local importers.

As our sales volume gradually increased over the years, in 1992 we began sourcing our products directly from foreign manufacturers in Taiwan, Japan, People’s Republic of China, United Kingdom, United States and Germany. DET’s business operations were carried out from rented office premises in Jalan Kuchai Lama, Kuala Lumpur.


1993

In 1993, Dancomech (M) Sdn Bhd was incorporated to take over the existing business of DET, with Aik Swee Tong, Aik Cwo Shing, Wong Chiau Siew, Aik Hui Luan, Aik Ai Kok, Aik Seng Kah and Lim Cheng Huat as the shareholders.

Dancomech (M) Sdn Bhd’s business activity remained the same as DET. Dancomech (M) Sdn Bhd operated its business in a warehouse cum office premises in Medan Maju Jaya, Petaling Jaya in 1993. DET ceased operations in the same year.


1999

In 1999, Aik Cwo Shing and Dancomech (M) Sdn Bhd incorporated Dancord Engineering Sdn Bhd with a 70% and 30% equity interest respectively to supply PCE and Measurement Instruments mainly to the oleochemicals industry, palm oil refineries and EPCC Contractors.

Dancord Engineering Sdn Bhd operated its business in Subang Jaya.


2000

In 2000, Dancomech Engineering was established to take over the existing businesses of Dancomech (M) Sdn Bhd and Dancord Engineering Sdn Bhd with Aik Swee Tong, Aik Cwo Shing, Wong Chiau Siew, Aik Hui Luan, Aik Ai Kok, Aik Seng Kah, Lim Cheng Huat, Aik Kwo Liang and Chan Chop Tong @ Aik Chop Tong as shareholders.


2005

In 2005, Lim Cheng Huat transferred his shareholding in Dancomech Engineering to Aik Hui Chyn, his spouse, who is the sister of Aik Swee Tong, Aik Cwo Shing, Aik Hui Luan, Aik Ai Kok, Aik Seng Kah, Aik Kwo Liang and Chan Chop Tong @ Aik Chop Tong.


2008

In 2008, Aik Cwo Shing and Chang Soo Hong incorporated Optimis with 50% (1 share) and 50% (1 share) equity interests respectively to supply PCE and Measurement Instruments to the water treatment and sewerage industry.

In 2009, Aik Cwo Shing transferred his 1 share to Dancovest and Optimis increased its issued and paid-up share capital to 200,000 ordinary shares of RM1.00 each, resulting in Dancovest (50%), Chang Soo Hong (40%) and Eastech Systems Sdn Bhd (10%) as the shareholders.

In 2010, Eastech Systems Sdn Bhd sold its shares to Dancovest and Chang Soo Hong in equal proportions, resulting in Dancovest and Chang Soo Hong holding a 55% and 45% equity interest respectively.


2013

In May 2013, Dancomech Engineering and Koo Chai Chin incorporated Dancomech JB with a 70% and 30% equity interest respectively to expand our presence in Gelang Patah, Tanjung Bin, Pasir Gudang, Tanjung Langsat, Pengerang, Nusa Jaya and Bandar Seri Iskandar in Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia.


2014 to June 2015

In September 2014 and June 2015 Dancomech JB was acquired in two separate transactions ie. acquisition of 70% equity interest in September 2014 and the remaining 30% in June 2015.